HPE announces general availability of GreenLake Central
HPE Greenlake Central helps customers run, manage, and optimise their hybrid cloud estate using a single as-a-Service platform across public and private clouds, data centre and edge workloads
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has announced that HPE GreenLake Central, unveiled in December 2019, is now generally available for HPE GreenLake customers. The software platform provides customers with a consistent cloud experience for all their applications and data, through an online operations console that runs, manages and optimises their entire hybrid cloud estate.
Building on its robust portfolio of on-premises pay-per-use services, HPE is introducing new HPE GreenLake converged data management and modern file storage service offerings with Cohesity and Qumulo, respectively. In addition, HPE is introducing enhancements to its as-a-Service portfolio with support for data management and file storage, and an enhanced co-location offering through partnerships with Cohesity, Qumulo, and CyrusOne, respectively.
HPE GreenLake brings the modern cloud experience to customers’ applications, data and workloads in their locations in a self-serve, pay-per-use, scale up-and-down way and managed as-a-Service by HPE. This allows customers to free up capital, boost operational and financial flexibility and enable talent to accelerate what’s next for their business.
According to the company, HPE GreenLake Central is the only platform on the market which enables customers to:
- Manage their entire hybrid estate, provisioning instances and redeploying resources in on-premises environments with the same speed and agility as off-premises.
- Monitor and run off-premises costs and compliance in AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud, as well as on-premises environments.
- The platform suggests ways to prioritise spend through integration with Azure Access Manager and AWS Access Manager.
- Achieve better business outcomes for developers, IT operations, and line of business leaders with the platform’s unique insights and recommended actions for security, capacity, cost, compliance, and resource utilisation across the hybrid estate.
- Access their own consumption metrics and analytics in order to dynamically optimise the placement of workloads based on the factors most important to them – such as cost, governance, security, or interdependence with other systems.
Keith White, senior vice president and general manager of HPE GreenLake. “With continued high demand for hybrid offerings from our customers, HPE GreenLake Central is an innovative leap forward that enables our customers to choose the cloud destination that makes the most sense based on cost, performance, governance and compliance. It gives developers and line of business decision-makers ways to create and innovate at the speed they need to compete in today’s market.”
HPE GreenLake with Cohesity allows businesses to leverage Cohesity’s enterprise-class converged data management platform together with HPE GreenLake’s flexible, pay-per-use consumption model. This offering builds on the OEM partnership between HPE and Cohesity, allowing customers to eliminate mass data fragmentation, simplify management of data across locations, and do more with their data, so they can leverage it for business intelligence.
Organisations are also increasingly challenged to get value out of their data to drive business decisions, build products, and remain competitive. Qumulo’s hybrid file software enables active workloads to securely create, analyse, and collaborate with applications in the data centre and in the cloud. Qumulo’s software, delivered through HPE GreenLake, enables data-driven innovations while containing costs. Qumulo’s built-in, real-time data analytics available through HPE GreenLake’s on-demand model, helps customers deliver results while significantly saving costs.