Ooredoo Kuwait to offer Fortinet secure SD-WAN managed service
Telco to deploy Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN across its retail branches
Ooredoo Kuwait has chosen Fortinet to deliver a secure SD-WAN managed service to existing and new enterprise customers.
Ooredoo Kuwait itself is deploying Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN across its retail branches and will serve as a reference for customers wishing to follow suit.
“Ooredoo Kuwait’s broad managed security services rely on several Fortinet solutions, including the Fortinet Secure SD-WAN solution, which significantly reduces onboarding efforts and speeds time to market for the service,” said Abdulaziz AlBabtain, chief business officer at Ooredoo Kuwait. “Our secure SD-WAN managed service is much more than just a new connectivity service for the enterprise WAN edge. It is paving the way for significant benefits for our customers and significant new revenue streams for Ooredoo Kuwait by leveraging our security operations centre, clean pipe, secure WiFi, email security, end-point security and advanced threat protection.”
As organisations increase the use of business-critical cloud-based applications and infrastructures, they are becoming more attuned to the benefits of extending these tools to remote locations through software-defined wide-area network (SD-WAN) architectures, a network segment now referred to as the WAN Edge. In fact, because the need to provide the services and applications being generated by digital transformation to the WAN Edge is accelerating so rapidly, the global SD-WAN market is projected to reach $4.5 billion and grow at over 40% CAGR by 2022.
“SD-WAN offers accelerated connectivity, cost savings, and increased performance for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications. However, the benefits of SD-WAN cannot be truly realised without security as an integral part of the solution,” said Joe Sarno, international emerging vice president at Fortinet. “Without an integrated security solution, organisations are forced to overlay security, creating significant overhead and leaving gaps in protection as security and management systems remain isolated. We’re pleased to work with Ooredoo Kuwait to deliver the region’s first secure SD-WAN managed service and continue our focus of delivering integrated SD-WAN and advanced security to enterprise customers around the world.”
The following Fortinet will be available through Ooredoo Kuwait’s Secure SD-WAN managed service:
- FortiPortal provides customer portals for self-service without having to worry about complex development or maintenance costs
- FortiSandbox delivers actionable intelligence through the automation of zero-day, malware detection and response
- FortiMail is a secure email gateway that stops volume-based and targeted cyber threats to help secure the dynamic enterprise attack surface, prevent the loss of sensitive data and help maintain compliance with regulations
- A range of FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls deliver both advanced security and SD-WAN services
- FortiManager delivers unified management for both SD-WAN and security, end-to-end visibility, and multi-tenancy to support many enterprise customers at scale
- FortiAnalyser delivers centralised reporting, analytics and open-programmable interface to integrate with customers’ existing investments and solutions
- FortiClient ensures that all fabric components – FortiGate, FortiAnalyser, EMS, Managed AP, Managed Switches, Sandbox – have a unified view of endpoints in order to provide tracking and awareness, compliance enforcement and reporting