HP, Intel collaborate to launch HP Innovation Garage
The Innovative Lab at DTEC aims to develop transferable skills in students and spark their interest in technology, designing and prototyping
HP, in collaboration with Intel, announces the launch of its first ‘HP Innovation Garage’ at Dubai Technology Entrepreneur Campus (DTEC), the largest technology startup campus in the MENA region, based at Dubai’s Silicon Oasis. The lab is designed to help students from universities and schools develop transferable skills and spark their interest in technology, designing and prototyping.
The 'HP Innovation Garage’ will consist of three different learning zones – including an Entrepreneur zone, a Virtual Reality (VR) area, as well as a STEAM and Robotics section. HP has teamed up with educational learning partners, including Aweacademy, an e-learning platform, Munfarid, a virtual learning platform, and Edutech, a leading education provider to drive these efforts.
Commenting on the launch, Mathew Thomas, vice president and managing director, Middle East at HP said, “At HP, we understand that starting a career is an important decision, but we also know what exciting opportunities the technology sector offers the many young talented students here in the UAE. Through projects like the HP Innovation Garage, in collaboration with our EdTech partners and DTEC, we want to bring our knowledge and our excitement to the students, thus helping them develop transferrable skills required for the future workforce. We are very enthusiastic about this latest education partnership, which is only one of many we have launched in recent past.”
Equally excited, Hans Henrik Christensen, vice president at DTEC, said “At DTEC, we have long understood that for startups to thrive, we need to create synergies between regulators, the government, businesses, academia and talented students. By launching HP’s Innovation Garage, we ensure young students are able to equip themselves with the right skill sets and the proper tools to move into a tech related career. We are thrilled to have partnered with HP, as well as our educational partners, and are looking forward to a fruitful partnership.”
More information on HP’s Innovation Garage:
Entrepreneur Learning Zone
- This will focus on core business competencies and will look to cover interactive content. It will also help apply learnings to create a business plan using My plan and is a good resource for trainers and educators
- Awecademy - will deliver future-focused workshops with the goal of equipping students with new competencies and powerful values for them to have a positive impact on humanity
- Advances in VR are creating experiences that capture the imagination in a way that technology never has before. Munfarid – will give students access to immersive education content and provide ample training sessions along with certification. Thus, with this, HP is bridging the physical and digital worlds with immersive computing and VR which is our new normal
STEAM and Robotics Zone
- Edutech Middle East – will provide STEAM Education programs including Robotics and Artificial Intelligence workshops such as Ideation to Prototype, Robotics for Industry 4.0 among other topics
Aweacademy will begin running virtual workshops at the DTEC lab from the 5th of July 2020. Additionally, they will also launch a two-week summer programs filled with interactive sessions on topics like: Cosmic Perspectives, Future Ethics, A.i.i. and Post automation as well as Systems Thinking and Deep Ecology among others, starting from:
- 5th of July 2020 until 15th of July 2020
- 19th of July 2020 until 30th of July 2020
There will be additional workshops for AR and VR conducted by Munfarid and STEAM Education/Robotics by Edutech Middle East in the coming months.